This is a part time, seasonal position beginning April 11 thru June, at our Dover Home & Garden Store, requiring flexible evening and weekend availability, 4pm-8pm.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Collects cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash transactions.
• Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift.
• Follows procedure for all processes on register systems.
• Gathers and stocks shopping carts in the prescribed manner.
• Is knowledgeable regarding Garden Center pricing procedures.
• Promotes special store events, following company procedures.
• Records daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance cash drawer.
• Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items, and totals purchases on cash register.
• Reviews sales fliers weekly to be aware of advertised specials.
• Maintains checkout area to achieve a neat, clean and professional look; restocking checkout supplies, as needed.
• Monitors accuracy of scan prices and notifies management when an inaccuracy arises.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Sets and signs displays of merchandise to attract customers and promote sales.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The employee must be at least 16 years old.