This is a part time, seasoanl position at our Rohrerstown Road Home & Garden, beginning March 11 thru June. This position requires evening and weekend availability, 4pm-8pm.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Fills propane tanks according to government guidelines and store safety procedures.
• Nets fish and tests pond water samples for customers, notifying them of any abnormalities.
• Assists with spreader rentals (as needed at some SKH locations) and loading customer purchases.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Assists in opening and/or closing the department ie. paperwork, lights, appliances, etc.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Maintains and operates equipment, ie electric jack, forklift, etc., if at least 18 years of age.
• Notifies department manager of any overages, shortages or damages associated with shipments.
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets and signs displays of merchandise to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• Unloads products from delivery trucks and transports them to sales floor or storage area.
• Verifies products are scanning properly, notifies department manager when inaccuracies arise.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• The employee must be at least 16 years old.