We our seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator to work out of our Corporate Office. This person will utilize their knowledge of occupational health and safety to ensure a safe and secure work environment for our team members and a safe, pleasant shopping environment for our customers.
The schedule of this position will be Monday through Friday, approximately 45-47 hours per week. Occasional evening or weekend hours if necessary.
• Determines safety training necessary for each position and ensures that training is conducted and recorded in ABRA software.
• Assists HR Manager in the administration of our workers compensation program, including working with insurance carrier to manage claims appropriately and keep costs down.
• Assists in formulating general safety polices and procedures to be followed by employees in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• Consults with all departments on design and use of equipment, fire prevention and safety program.
• Develops and coordinates training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
• Facilitates Safety Committee meetings.
• Inspects or tours company facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
• Maintains safety files and records.
• Oversees DOT drug testing and physicals. Maintains DOT files including Driver Qualification files, annual review of driver record, and Pre trip/Post trip Inspection reports.
• Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of materials and evidence for company use in law suits, and insurance investigations.
• Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
• Reviews and follows up on Monthly Safety Inspections.
• Ability to operate company vehicle in order to travel to all locations.
• Valid Class "C" PA Drivers License