This is a full time position at our East York Home & Garden Store, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Assists with opening/closing store and cash management responsibilities (as assigned).
• Assists in interviewing, selecting and training new employees in cooperation with Human Resources.
• Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations (if applicable) based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events.
• Coordinates with the GCM & Buyers regarding merchandising, new product implementation, and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with Buyer's directions.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform any department responsibility as needed.
• Handles damages/returns and ensures that claims have been processed and forwarded to Central Office.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to effectively oversee the ordering of departmental supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Is familiar with register procedures and closing of store procedures to perform if needed at your location.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Trains team members in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Has knowledge regarding pest & disease problems; annuals, perennials, herbs, cacti, tropical/indoor foliage, water gardening and a strong desire to learn.