Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment and service. We are currently looking for a person to join our Accounting Department at the Corporate Office.
The position requires Monday-Friday, 25-28 hours per week, with occasional Saturdays and/or Sundays during certain times of the year.
• Assists with the preparation of correspondence, licenses, registrations, and filings with outside agencies.
• Assists with year-end close.
• Attends and participates in meetings, as required.
• Completes checklist to ensure timely completion of monthly accounting close cycle.
• Completes internal audits (i.e. sales tax).
• Complies with Accounting department procedures and GAAP, recommending
modifications if needed.
• Interacts with others on the Accounting Supervisor's behalf on Accounting issues.
• Maintains fixed asset schedule.
• Maintains general ledger, researching and resolving discrepencies.
• Maintains master listings.
• Observes and assists with physical inventory counts.
• Picks up mail from post office.
• Prepares and distributes internal reports.
• Prepares and posts journal entries; prepares balance sheets and other reconciliation
• Processes lease, loan, and various other vouchers for payment and prepares IC billings.
• Pursues returned check collection, including court filings and hearings.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; talk and hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.