This is a full time position at our Mechanicsburg Home & Garden Store, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division.
• Trains employees in SKH policies, standards, and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Assigns duties to workers based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events. Assists the Garden Center Manager with scheduling break periods, work hours, and vacation hours in accordance with the labor planner and company policy.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to assist with the ordering of supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Maintains all related paperwork concerning shipments, customer requests, special orders, overages, shortages, damages, returns and inventories.
• Coordinates vendor invoices, SKH invoices, and inter-company transfers on a daily basis to ensure timely billing.
• Handles damages/returns and ensures that proper credits have been received from vendors.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Maintains and operates departmental equipment.
• Valid Class "C" PA Drivers License.
• Ability to successfully complete DOT Physical and Drug Test as required according to DOT regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
customers and the general public.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• Prior Warehouse and Management Experience with ability to assemble furniture.
• Prior Delivery and Scheduling experience as well as Inventory Control and Costing and Retailing Products.