This is a part time, position at our Rohrerstown Road Home & Garden, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Fills propane tanks according to government guidelines and store safety procedures.
• Makes SKH Bows for display and customer orders.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Assists in opening and/or closing the department ie. paperwork, lights, appliances, etc.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Maintains and operates equipment, ie electric jack, forklift, etc., if at least 18 years of age.
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise in cases, on counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• Takes note of all overages and shortages in shipments and reports those discrepancies to the Department Manager.
• Unloads products from delivery trucks and transports them to sales floor or storage area.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb and/or balance a ladder up to 14 feet tall.
• The employee must be at least 16 years old.