This is a part time, seasonal position at our Linglestown Home & Garden, requiring flexible day and weekend availability, 4pm-8pm.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Gathers all pertinent information necessary from customers to arrange delivery of hard goods and heavy orders.
• Maintains Garden Center stock by watering, weeding, etc. if applicable.
• Bags customer purchases and assists customers to vehicles, as needed.
• Collects cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash transactions.
• Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift.
• Maintains checkout area to achieve a neat, clean and professional look; restocking checkout supplies, as needed.
• Monitors accuracy of scan prices and notifies General or Department Manager when an inaccuracy arises.• Records daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance cash drawer.
• Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items, and totals purchases on cash register.
• Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Operates equipment, if needed (if over 18 years of age).
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise in cases, on counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The employee must be at least 16 years old.