Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Dover Home & Garden, requiring day, evening and weekend availability.
• Produces designs for "Plant Your Own", if applicable.
• Understands and applies landscape design techniques and proper use of plant materials.
• Operates and maintains equipment such as cash registers, tow motors and tractors in a safe and responsible manner.
• Assigns/prioritizes worker duties, schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations as needed or in the absence of the Manager.
• Assists in conducting training meetings.
• Assists in coordinating the maintenance, repair and employee training regarding all equipment.
• Assists with coordinating the cash management activities of the division.
• Assists with regularly scheduled departmental inventories.
• Assists with training workers in store policies, departmental procedures, and job duties.
• Communicates with Buyers regarding merchandising, new product implementation and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with Buyer directions.
•Functions as a working manager willing to perform all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division. (See all departmental job descriptions).
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to assist with the ordering of supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Maintains the smooth operation of the department in the absence of staff or manager.
• Communicates performance and training problems to the department manager.
• A broad base knowledge of plant materials and diagnostic ability of plant problems.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.