Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Dover Home & Garden, requiring day, evening and weekend availability.
• Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations (if applicable) based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division.
• Handles damages/returns and ensures that proper credits have been received from vendors.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to effectively oversee the ordering of departmental supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Trains employees in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Communicates with Buyers regarding merchandising, new product implementation and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with Buyer directions.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee frequently is required to climb a ladder up to 14 ft. tall.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.