Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is full time position at our Rohrerstown Road Fresh Foods, with the schedule as follows: Monday, 2pm-10:30pm, Tuesday, 12:30pm-9pm, Thursday, 1pm-9:30pm, Friday, 12pm-8:30pm and Sunday, 1pm-9pm.
• Coordinates and maintains display of gourmet items in the cheese case, ie: olives, meats, etc.
• Dips soups and salads into containers and sets up soup and salad displays in the retail sales case, as needed.
• Maintains perishable deli items according to proper handling instructions.
• Prepares a variety of deli dishes.
• Prepares take-out sandwiches and salads both for the case and for "made to order" requests.
• Produces mozzarella cheese.
• Sharpens and cleans slicer, according to procedure, using correct safety equipment.
• Slices or cuts deli products per customer specifications, weighs and wraps sliced foods and affixes sticker.
• Uses and maintains ovens and rotisserie.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Operates equipment, if needed (if over 18 years of age).
• Operates price scale with knowledge of current prices. Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Prepares and promotes department samples.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Rotates product according to departmental guidelines.
• Sets and signs displays of merchandise to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes and processes customer orders according to customer request ensuring that product is ready on time.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• Assists the department manager in obtaining budget for labor, gross profit and inventory control.
• Assists with regularly scheduled departmental inventories.
• Assists with the supervision of the department, in the absence of the Department Mgr. and Assistant Department Mgr., assigning job duties, scheduling breaks etc.
• Assists with training workers in store policies, departmental procedures, and job duties.
• Communicates performance and training problems to the department manager.
• Coordinates vendor invoices, SKH invoices and inter-company transfers on a daily basis to ensure timely billing.
• Fully understands all label and scale systems.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly exposed to cold temperatures while working in or around the coolers.
• Employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.