Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Lititz Pike Fresh Foods, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
• Prepares take-out sandwiches and salads both for the case and for "made to order" requests.
• Sharpens and cleans slicer, according to procedure, using correct safety equipment.
• Is able to read and follow recipes. Is knowledgeable regarding proper units of measurement used in cooking.
• Prepares and cooks food items in quantities according to menu to be served and to customer specifications. Knows the different measurements used in cooking.
• Prepares and cooks rotisserie chicken, fried chicken and other products.
• Presents menu to customers, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food and service.
• Understands catering guide to take special orders and follows procedures for completion of orders.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Operates equipment, if needed (if over 18 years of age).
• Operates price scale with knowledge of current prices. Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Packages merchandise according to departmental guidelines.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets and signs displays of merchandise to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes and processes customer orders according to customer request ensuring that product is ready on time.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• The employee must have previous kitchen/prep cook experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly exposed to hot temperatures while working around kitchen equipment.