This is a full time position at our Mechanicsburg Home & Garden, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
Attention garden enthusiasts, are you ready to do what you love?
We have job opportunities at Stauffers of Kissel Hill! Why is this a perfect fit for you?
Your passions are ours too!
Stauffers of Kissel Hill is a local and family owned company that values
teamwork, respect, integrity, commitment, and service. We promote our team from
within our own company and will teach you with on the job training and leadership classes.
• Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations (if applicable) based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division.
• Handles damages/returns and ensures that proper credits have been received from vendors.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to effectively oversee the ordering of departmental supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Trains employees in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Communicates with Buyers regarding merchandising, new product implementation and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with Buyer directions.
• Previous Nursery/Managerial experience needed.
• The employee frequently is required to climb a ladder up to 14 ft. tall.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 50-100 lbs.