Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Mechanicsburg Home & Garden, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
• Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations (if applicable) based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division.
• Handles damages/returns and ensures that proper credits have been received from vendors.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to effectively oversee the ordering of departmental supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Trains employees in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Communicates with Buyers regarding merchandising, new product implementation and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with Buyer directions.
• Previous Nursery/Managerial experience needed.
• The employee frequently is required to climb a ladder up to 14 ft. tall.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 50-100 lbs.