Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Linglestown Home & Garden, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
• Is knowledgeable regarding Garden Center pricing and promotion procedures.
• Maintains working operation of the cash registers and back room computers, notifies the Store Technology Lead of any problems or repairs needed with equipment.
• Monitors overages and shortages of cashiers & customer service, to control loss.
• Oversees the cash management activities of the division such as preparing drawers, loans, cash pulls, cash pick-ups and deposits. Inventories and orders change for safe. Coordinates armored service pick up of deposits.
• Reviews sales fliers weekly to be aware of advertised specials.
• Develops and mentors the Assistant Department Mgr to prepare them to take on a leadership role within the department (if applicable).
• Assigns duties to workers based on the needs of the business and according to upcoming special store events. Assists the Garden Center Manager with scheduling break periods, work hours, and vacation hours in accordance with the labor planner and company policy.
• Follows established cleaning procedures.
• Functions as a working manager willing to perform any department responsibility as needed.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to effectively oversee the ordering of departmental supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Trains employees in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Works to resolve incorrect information and ensure correct pricing.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.