Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a part time, seasonal position at our East York Home & Garden, beginning March 12 thru June. This position requires day and weekend availability, 8am-4pm.
• Gathers all pertinent information necessary from customers to arrange delivery of hard goods and heavy orders.
• Maintains Garden Center stock by watering, weeding, etc. if applicable.
• Bags customer purchases and assists customers to vehicles, as needed.
• Collects cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash transactions.
• Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift.
• Maintains checkout area to achieve a neat, clean and professional look; restocking checkout supplies, as needed.
• Monitors accuracy of scan prices and notifies General or Department Manager when an inaccuracy arises.
• Records daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance cash drawer.
• Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items, and totals purchases on cash register.
• Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Operates equipment, if needed (if over 18 years of age).
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets and signs displays of merchandise to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The employee must be at least 16 years old.