Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a part time, seasonal position at our Lititz Pike Home & Garden Store, beginning April 1 through September. The position requires evening and weekend availability, 4pm-9pm.
• Fills propane tanks according to government guidelines and store safety procedures.
• Assists with spreader rentals (as needed at some SKH locations) and loading customer purchases.
• Assembles gift basket planters, as needed.
• Examines plant materials for signs of pests or diseases, notifies management when problems appear.
• Gathers and stocks both carts and wagons in the prescribed manner.
• Waters and grooms plants.
• Answers customer telephone calls responding to external/ internal customer needs or referring call to appropriate person.
• Assists in opening and/or closing the department ie. paperwork, lights, appliances, etc.
• Cleans department area, including equipment, containers, storage areas, aisles, and display cases; keeping products and supplies well organized.
• Maintains and operates equipment, ie electric jack, forklift, etc., if at least 18 years of age.
• Prices or changes price tags on merchandise referring to price list and in coordination with scan department.
• Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received. Promptly clears floor of all restocking equipment and debris.
• Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise in cases, on counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
• Takes inventory or examines merchandise on a regular basis, to identify items needing to be reordered or replenished.
• Takes note of all overages and shortages in shipments and reports those discrepancies to the Department Manager.
• Unloads products from delivery trucks and transports them to sales floor or storage area.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 80 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb and/or balance a ladder up to 14 feet tall.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, employees are regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• Employee must be at least 16 years old.