Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at the Corporate Office, requiring Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays during the hiring seasons.
• Conducts interviews with applicants for designated positions to determine their suitability for employment, forwarding qualified candidates to the hiring manager for a second interview.
• Conducts New Hire Orientation classes.
• Coordinates on-site interviews for York and/or Harrisburg Garden Center locations, and travels to those locations to conduct interviews.
• Coordinates the applicant interview/new hire process for designated positions, including testing, interviewing, new hire paperwork and new hire drug screens.
• Coordinates the sending of job filled and/or canceled letters to applicants not selected for hire.
• Discusses personnel needs with General Managers to prepare and assist in implementing recruitment needs.
• Reviews incoming applications for designated positions.
• Schedules interview times for self, as well as other interviewers, ensuring applications are processed in a timely manner.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
• Ability to travel to other SKH locations and for various other business needs.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; talk and hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and/or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and ocassionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.