Our heritage is to honor God, which inspires us to willingly live out our Values, Vision, & Mission.
This is a full time position at our Rohrerstown Road Fresh Foods, requiring flexible day, evening and weekend availability.
• Devise game plans and plan-o-grams for merchandising of the department in conjunction with the Buying team.
• Fully understands the retail label systems, communicates with Scan, General Management, and/or Buying teams to ensure correct pricing.
• Assigns duties to team members and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations based on the needs of the business and upcoming store events.
• Trains team members in store policies, department procedures, product knowledge and job duties to ensure they are working in a productive and safe manner.
• Supervises and performs departmental inventories to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
• Is ready and able to assume the job responsibilities of the Department Manager when necessary.
• Communicates with Buying and GM teams regarding merchandising, new product implementation and appropriate pricing. Promptly follows through with directions.
• Coordinates vendor invoices, SKH invoices, and inter-company transfers on a daily basis to ensure timely billing.
• Functions as a working manager, performing all tasks necessary to assure the smooth operation of the division.
• Has knowledge of current inventories and ordering systems to assist with the ordering of supplies and merchandise from approved vendors.
• Maintains and operates departmental equipment.
• Previous Bakery retail management required.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages and volume.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly exposed to hot temperatures while working around kitchen equipment.